JULY 2010
"Extension of the self-portrait"
Presentation made at the Univerisity (IUNA), work with the grayscale about a photo of a space.
I wanted to take a picture of some place of the University that I like, and instinctively I take a picture of one of the passages that I often cross. Therefore I wondered myself, why do I like more this place than the cafeteria where I use to sit between classes?” Maybe it's because a hallway it is not a place to sit or stay, it is a place to transit, and that's how I feel today: in transition state, man for many, woman for some, experiencing changes in my body. It's for that I consider this work an extension of the self-portrait, because it represents my actual status, and I print it on myself, because – beyond my process as an artist and as a woman – I also know that everybody cross infinite hallways that promise take us to those places where we can sit and stay.
The presentation was a performance where I used my body. The works were printed on my shirt with diamond shape. I gave to the participants frames of the photo with a heart shape, that combined to the works they transform in arrows that indicated a way up or down.